Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Six Six Six

A continuation of commentary on Mr. Holtzman's Top 10 favorite games...

Medal of Honor

Mm... Medal of Honor.  It ushered in the golden era of World War Dos first person shooters.  Without it, we wouldn't have Medal of Honor: Underground, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Medal of Honor: Rising Sun, Medal of Honor: European Assault, Medal of Honor: Vanguard, Medal of Honor: Airborne, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, and Medal of Honor, the self-titled sequel. Oh and the Call of Duty and Battlefield franchises. EA sure knows how to make a buck.  All part of the military industrial complex, I suppose.

Back when I used to rent games that my parents wouldn't let me buy, this was the ticket. It had the smartest AI I had ever seen.  These guys would actually fall on grenades to save their nazi asshole friends.  Effective?  Sort of.  Cool? Definitely. What was that? A GERMAN hand grenade?  Throw that shit, ah that guy's toast.  Wait, what's he doing.. WHAAT?? He threw it back at me? All these things were unheard of, AI speaking.  What else would I be talking about anyway.

I basically learned all my espionage skills, as well as the German language, from this game.  Achtung!, Dah, Nyet, Hasta La Vista Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment