Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Numbah 9, Numbah 9

Shane's #9: The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Yea, I played Wind Waker.  In fact, it was the first Zelda game I played, outside of Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening for Game Boy Color, which I don't think should count.  My alcoholic father didn't like it and flushed it down the toilet. And to be honest, I didn't even beat Wind Waker.  You know, saying I didn't beat the game isn't accurate. The ocean treasure hunt beat ME.  I wasn't like some people, who fearlessly bought the strategy guide and courageously tracked down each treasure, using detailed full color maps, step by step instructions, and their motherfucking Garmin. So I wasn't Megellan, and my parents didn't coddle me, but hey, at least I wasn't that phony survivalist on Man vs Wild, sleeping in hotel rooms while supposedly living off the land and fighting off the elements.  What a bitch. 

Again, this game wouldn't make my eclectic Top Ten. But, the game was good and a staple of the summer of Oh-1. If had played Ocarina of Time, I think I would have argued that game was much better.  In fact, I might still go back and play it. I prefer The Twilight Princess to Wind Waker, but it's probably only because it was easier to beat.  Hell of a lot of fun though.  I used to get a six pack of smiernoffs and a little caesars pizza and spend the night playing that game. Well the first part of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment